Enabling Enterprise Cloud Energy Management for a Greener Earth
Many of the world’s big companies are actively engaged in energy conservation and carbon reduction efforts not only to reduce business operation costs but also to fulfill social responsibility. By doing so, they are building a respectable corporate image as well as promoting their company’s “green competitiveness” which is becoming ever more important in global trade. Among these efforts, building energy conservation is critical. However, most building energy management software is designed for HVAC professionals and is difficult for managerial staff engaged in administration, finance and general affairs to read and understand and offer energy use improvement opinions from their respective points of view. Advantech BEMS 2.0 provides a platform for building energy management systems with easy-to-use and intuitive interfaces to help managers who do not have engineering backgrounds to easily understand their company’s energy use,with a few simple clicks.
Advantech Building Energy Management System (BEMS) provide solutions of hardware and software products needed to construct a highly integrated energy management system, including digital power meters, intelligent data acquisition gateways, industrial computers, energy management system software suites (WebAccess/BEMS), SQL servers, etc.
Single buildings: commercial buildings/hospitals/hotels/commercial and office complexes
- Chain stores/ furniture stores/shoe stores/supermarkets/convenience stores/restaurants/bookstores
- Financial group/shopping malls/school campus/telecommunication rooms
Typical Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS)
Advantech BEMS provides various energy monitoring solutions to cope with different building energy management requirements. Among these solutions, cross-area energy monitoring software, energy data gateways and power meters are used to help improve overall energy use efficiency, which function in the following ways:
- The corporate group or business chain installs energy data gateway(s) in each of their buildings to form separate energy data acquisition centers which forward acquired data via corporate or public network to the WA+BEMS system at the corporation’s central energy data management center where administrators obtain energy consumption information quickly via simple and intuitive operations.
- The energy data gateways transfer communication protocols and forward data acquired from measuring devices to the upper layer databases at the energy management center over TCP/IP. The data gateways will replicate and save data on a CompactFlash card and will automatically recover data after a network break to ensure continuous and highly-available data stream processing.
- Each data gateway in a building energy data acquisition center can connect up to 64 water, power or gas meters.